Ho ho ho folks! It’s Christmas time. The idea of Christmas either came from watching Christmassy movies or reading multiple Enid Blyton movies.
However, my introduction to the Indian Christmas came after being married into a Catholic family. The best part about marrying into a different culture? More occasions to celebrate.
So now Christmas is all about decorating the house, setting up the tree, setting up the crib, meeting the family and baking a boozy cake.
While the adults play Santa to the kids, I thought I wouldn’t be amiss to mention some things on my wish list since most of these are also things that money can’t buy.
- Wake me up at 6 am every morning: This year, there was a point in time when I was ready to start my day by 6:15 am. Those days have usually been very productive unlike even if I wake up an hour later. In the coming year, I wish I am able to wake up by 6 every morning to breeze through the day.
- Keep me away from distractions: I have a long list of things I want to do but usually end up getting distracted from doing those thanks to the plethora of those – Netflix, Amazon Prime or simply lazing around.
- Make me more patient: Any big change takes time. I wish there was a way to keep that in mind at all times.
- Keep me away from sugar: I have now been going to the gym regularly for over and year and a half. However, any progress I could expect to have made has been thwarted by the inability to keep away from sugar, especially when accompanied by chocolate.
- Put me ahead of technology: The experience of blogging has been a steep learning curve for me. There have been times when I have taken 2 steps back before I could move a step forward in the right direction. I wish I could get to the right path with minimum number of such mis-steps.